A full service law firm for seniors and families…
Wealth Preservation is process by which you and your attorney should discuss various strategies in protecting your assets from creditors, lawsuits, future generations’ poor decision making, and excessive taxes. Often, this is accomplished with the use of one or more trusts, LLCs, or other devices.
This plan should be coordinated with your Financial Advisor, Accountant, and any other professionals managing your assets.
There are many options available to protecting assets, such as:
- Alaskan Dynasty Trusts
- Asset Protection Trusts with Spendthrift Provisions
- Family Trusts
- Residency Trusts
- Qualified Terminal Interest Property Trusts (QTIPs)
There are also various methods of transferring assets in order to decrease your personal tax liabilities, such as:
- The unlimited marital deduction (UMD)
- The current $5 Million lifetime Gift and Estate Tax Unified Credit*
- The Current $5 Million lifetime Generation Skipping Transfer Tax Credit*
- The current $13,000 per donee per year GIFT Tax Exclusion+
Our attorneys have Masters of Laws in Taxation and help you determine the best strategy for preserving your assets. Call or click today to schedule an appointment.
* These amounts are anticipated to decrease to $1 Million beginning January 1, 2013, pending action by Congress.
+ This amount is anticipated to increase to $14,000 beginning January 1, 2013.