A full service law firm for seniors and families…
Many people have problems with liability related to unpaid taxes owed to the Internal Revenue Service and Louisiana State Department of Revenue. Our law firm’s goal is to help you solve your tax problems. At our free initial consultation we will:
1. Review the accuracy of your tax liability to determine if calculations have been made correctly.
2. Determine if your tax liability is dischargeable in bankruptcy and recommend the advantages and disadvantages of the different types of bankruptcy that may be available to you.
3. Review strategies that can help you resolve your tax problems and protect your assets. Our law firm will make recommendations regarding your best course of action. When you retain us, we will deal with the IRS for you. You will no longer have to communicate with them.
4. Work to settle your tax obligation for less than what you owe. We will follow up and keep you informed every step of the way until your case is resolved.
There are many options concerning resolving your tax problems. These options include but are not limited to the following:
1. Offer and compromise. The offer and compromise is a program designed to help those who qualify to reduce the amount of taxes they owe to the IRS. It can provide the taxpayer with a fresh start.
2. Installment agreements. Installment agreements allow the taxpayer to make affordable monthly payments to the IRS to pay off your debts. The IRS has recently extended the time of payment installment agreements to up to 72 months.
Tax law is a specialized field of practice governed by rules and laws. There are specialized forms that are used and a particular appellate process that utilized.
Tax codes are long and complex. It is necessary to carefully examine the assets and tax liability of an individual to see what option is best for them. Not all attorneys practice in the area of tax law. It is important to retain an attorney that has experience, is accredited and specialize in the field of tax law and Every individual case is different. An office conference with an qualified, experienced, and accredited tax attorney is important to carefully review all available options and determine the benefits, and problems, as they relate to each unique individual case.
At our initial office conference, you will be asked general information regarding yours assets, tax liability and income.
An attorney will discuss and make recommendations regarding your tax options as well as give you an estimate on fees and costs. If you retain our law firm you will need to complete a more detailed questionnaire regarding your assets and tax liability. If you decide to retain our firm and our firm accepts your case, a written contract shall be executed. If an issue is uncontested and non-problematic, normally a flat fee will be charged in advance of any work. If a matter is contested or problematic, a retainer will be charged in advance of any work. The attorney will then bill you on an hourly basis from said retainer. Estimated court costs will be required to be paid in advance.