A full service law firm for seniors and families…
We Are Losavio & DeJean
- Peter J. Losavio, Jr.AttorneyPeter J. Losavio, Jr.Attorney
Peter J. Losavio, Jr. has been a resident of Baton Rouge, Louisiana where he has been practicing law for over 25 years. He received his Bachelor of Science degree from Tulane University in 1970, majoring in chemistry and a Masters Degree in chemistry from Tulane University in New Orleans in 1973. He graduated from Louisiana State University Law School in Baton Rouge, Louisiana in 1975 and received a masters of laws in taxation from the University of Florida in 1976.
Mr. Losavio is certified by the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys. He is one of only 300 attorneys in the United States with this certification.
Peter J. Losavio, Jr.’s professional certifications include: Certified Public Accountant, Certified Financial Planner, Board Certified Tax Law Specialist, Board Certified Estate Planning Administration Specialist, and Certified Elder Law Attorney.
Peter J. Losavio, Jr. is a member of the following associations: Baton Rouge Bar Association Louisiana, Louisiana State Bar Association, Texas State Bar Association, American Bar Association, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Special Needs Alliance and Life Care Planning Law Firms Association.
Kent S. DeJean has twenty years of experience in the general practice of law including Social Security Disability, personal injury, successions, adoptions, worker's compensation, corporate formations, litigation, bankruptcy and family law. He has also been a court appointed attorney for juveniles, child in need of care and service from 1986 to 2002.
Kent S. DeJean received his high school diploma from Opelousas Catholic High School in 1980. He also received his Bachelor of Arts Degree from Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge in 1983 and his Juris Doctorate Degree from Louisiana State University Paul Hebert Law Center in 1986.
Kent S. DeJean has the following bar admissions and certifications:
- Licensed to practice law in the State of Louisiana.
- Member of the Louisiana State Bar Association in good standing since 1986.
- Enrolled to practice law in the United States Federal Court for the Western District of Louisiana, United States Federal Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana, United States Federal Court for the Middle District of Louisiana, and the United States Veteran's Court of Appeal.
Veleka Evans gradutated from Southern University in May 2004 with a Bachelor's Degree in Rehabilitation Services and has over 10 years of experience in the legal field. She has been employed with Losavio & DeJean since September 2010 and works as a Legal Secretary.
- Gwenda BourgeoisLegal SecretaryGwenda BourgeoisLegal Secretary
Born in Wales, Great Britain, and moved to Louisiana in 1992. Gwenda attended Stafford College graduated in 1982 as a Bi-lingual Secretarial, Watford College in 1987 in Computer Studies, and Cranford College in 1990 as a Legal Secretarial. Prior to moving to the states Gwenda worked with the Ministry of Defense and John Brown Engineering in Great Britain. She is currently employed as the Legal Secretary for Peter J. Losavio Jr.
Marketing & Community Outreach
- Rosalinda EdwardsMarketing Social Media AnalystRosalinda EdwardsMarketing Social Media AnalystRosa is one of our newest additions to the firm, she is the Marketing Social Media Analyst who handles the YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter accounts for the firm. Computer issues she is your problem solver.
- Tara RarickMarketing Community Outreach CoordinatorTara RarickMarketing Community Outreach Coordinator
Tara has been a member of the Losavio and DeJean Law Firm since 2013. She is the Marketing Community Outreach Coordinator for the firm and handles all seminars, workshops, and community relations business.
Sandra Bahcall has been with Losavio & DeJean, LLC for thirteen years. She has over thirty years experience in accounting and is a business owner. She attended LSU and handles all the accounting and financial matters within the firm.
- Janet ThibodeauxReceptionistJanet ThibodeauxReceptionist
Janet our Receptionist,punctual and ambitious she handles the office's daily operations. She is the first face you will see when you come to visit our office and is usually the first voice you hear when you call our office. She schedules appointments and manages our front office.